School of Career & Corporate Training
Virginia Western's School of Career & Corporate Training designs timely, customized training programs to address the ever-changing opportunities and challenges faced by employers. Based on results of Training Needs Assessments, we design and implement Custom Training Programs to update and improve the skills of your workforce, increase employee engagement, improve company performance and help you achieve organizational goals. Our training can be brought to your work site or you can bring your employees to our training facilities.
Customized training focuses on skills that improve:
- organizational productivity (team building, management and leadership, coaching, or lean manufacturing);
- individual productivity (time management, managing stress, communication, or customer service);
- computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, technical certifications, or customized applications); and
- job specific skills (machining, OSHA, programmable controllers).
Benefits of Customized Training
- Convenient class locations with on-site training available
- A comprehensive training plan, based on a training needs assessment, will address the skills and knowledge your employees need to help achieve your organizational goals
- Programs tailored to meet your company's organizational goals
- Training positively impacts employee performance and your profitability
- A well-trained workforce provides a competitive advantage
Job Skills Assessment Tools
ACT WorkKeys® is a job skills assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a high-performance workforce. WorkKeys® connects work skills, training, and testing for employers and is the basis for the Commonwealth of Virginia Career Readiness Certificate and the National Career Readiness Certificate.
WorkKeys® Foundational and Personal Skills assessments provide reliable, relevant information about workplace skill levels:
- Foundational Skills assessments measure cognitive abilities such as applied mathematics, reading for information, and locating information.
- Personal Skills assessment are designed to predict job behavior and measure the full potential of individuals.
Career Path & Funding Assistance:
Amanda Decker: 540-857-6279
Melissa Marcus: 540-857-6820
Location: Thomas Center - Ground Floor
3074 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015