Workforce Solutions :: Featured Programs
Medical Administrative Assistant
Get started in your healthcare career with an entry-level job as a medical administrative assistant! As a professional assisting a medical office, you will be on the front lines as a patient service representative utilizing computer software, medical record systems, telephone etiquette, email and written correspondence, and interpersonal communication with diverse audiences.
Registration & Funding
Funding Opportunities Are Possible. Call Us Today! 540-857-6076
This program covers the professional soft skills and hands-on technical skills to work as a patient service representative, medical secretary, medical administrative assistant, or medical records clerk. This program is ideal for students who have never worked in healthcare, or are looking for an introduction to the healthcare field.
Students will learn:
- Professional interpersonal communication
- Medical ethics and law
- Patient scheduling
- Medical records management
- Basic of medical billing
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Demonstrate college readiness by completing ONE of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
Demonstrate computer skills by completing ONE of the following:
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment. Take the North Star test now.
For Additional Information
Please contact a Career Navigator at 540-857-6076 or .
Career Path & Funding Assistance:
Amanda Decker: 540-857-6279
Melissa Marcus: 540-857-6820
Location: Thomas Center - Ground Floor
3074 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015