- What web browsers work with the Student Information System?
- What should I do if I am unable to find my ID (Emplid) and Username?
- What should I do if I am unable to sign into MyVWCC with my Username?
- Can I change my password?
- What are some common errors I should check before calling the Help Desk?
- What should I do if I find multiple IDs under my name?
- What should I do if my name is incorrect in MyVWCC?
- What should I do if my address and/or telephone number is incorrect in MyVWCC?
- Whom do I contact when I am having technical problems with MyVWCC?
- What should I do if a student's name is missing from the class roster?
- What should I do if a student's name is missing from the grade roster?
IET recommends using Firefox for Blackboard. All other online services should be accessed with Internet Explorer. Contact the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354 or Help Desk if you have any further questions.
If you have followed the instructions found under Find your Username/Password and are unable to find your ID (Emplid) and Username, please contact the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354 or the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231.
Yes, you can. You will be automatically asked to change your default password the first time you use MyVWCC successfully. Whenever you want to change your password after the initial time, sign into MyVWCC and click the Change My Password link.
- Did you change your user preference to the current semester?
- If the grade roster is not available on the Faculty Center page, has the Records Office generated the grade roster?
Usually when you have more than one ID (Emplid), it means that you may have taken classes at or been employed by more than one College. The College code for VWCC is VW286. If, when using the Find your Username/Password link, multiple IDs are displayed and one of these is associated with VW286, please use that ID. For additional assistance with determining the correct ID, contact the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354 or the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231.
As a faculty/staff member, you must notify Human Resources (540) 857-7282 to make any changes to your primary, official name.
You may make changes to your address and/or your telephone number by using MyVWCC. As a faculty/staff member, you should also notify Human Resources (540) 857-7282 of any changes to your primary address and telephone number.
The Help Desk (540) 857-7354 is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You may also contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231.
Faculty must print a copy of the class roster prior to each class meeting throughout the add-drop period and at least once a week thereafter to ensure that each student attending the class is registered. If a student is attending your class and his/her name is not on the class roster, the student must be directed to the Admissions Office immediately. The student should not be allowed to return to class without written approval from the Admissions Office. Under no circumstances should the student be allowed to continue attendance without the needed approval.
Instructors should have identified all registered students early in the semester by frequently checking updated copies of the class roster; therefore, this situation should not occur. If a student attended your class but is not found on the grade roster, this indicates that the student was NOT registered for the class and did not pay for the class. The student must be directed to the Admissions Office immediately. The student will not receive a grade until the problem has been resolved.