Plus 50 Encore Completion Program
Even if you aren't arriving at college right out of high school, you will do just fine. In fact, sharing your experiences with other class members will enrich them. Community college student bodies traditionally have been a mix of ages and experiences.
Support systems for students are everywhere, however to take advantage of them, you need to officially become a student. For more detail on the admissions process, please refer to A Guide for Ageless Learners (PDF), page 7.
Getting Started Checklist
- Read A Guide for Ageless Learners (PDF) or visit the pages of this web site listed on the left.
- Complete application for admission to the college
- Complete financial aid forms, as needed
- Learn how to use your student email account
- Look for scholarships
- Order official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, if needed
- Review the schedule of classes for the upcoming semester
- Get advising assistance on choosing courses
- Take placement tests for courses requiring them
- Register online for classes; pay online, in person, or with payment plan.
- Buy any books needed online or at the Bookstore in Craig Hall on South Campus
- Take some time to bring your computer skills up to par, if necessary
- Check out the campus; note parking areas near your classes
- Visit the library and other campus services if time allows
- Login to your Blackboard site
- Once your classes are posted, create an assignment calendar
- Make a note of your instructors' names and email addresses
- If you plan to use a laptop on campus, set up a VWCC Wi-Fi connection; see instructions online or contact the Help Desk, Business Science M273, 540-857-7354
For More Information
Workforce Career Navigator