Virginia Western Community College will provide free assistance for students applying for financial aid for the 2019-20 academic year as part of its FAFSA Free for All initiative. Financial aid representatives from area colleges will be on hand to answer questions and help students complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to any college or university.
WHAT: FAFSA Free for All
WHY: Get the assistance you need to complete the 2019-20 FAFSA
WHERE: Webber Hall 3rd Floor, Virginia Western Community College
WHEN: Walk-in hours from 9 a.m-1 p.m. on Oct. 20, 2018; Nov. 17, 2018; Dec. 8, 2018 and Jan. 9, 2019
If possible, attendees should bring the following to the event:
- Student and parent FSA ID and password – create these at www.fsaid.ed.gov prior to attending and save time
- Social Security number (parent and student)
- Alien Registration number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Driver’s license (if applicable)
- Completed 2017 federal tax returns
- Bank and investment statements (if applicable)
- W-2 forms and any non-taxable income documentation received in 2017 (You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool)
Parents of dependent students are strongly encouraged to attend this event because a parent’s information is required on all dependent students’ FAFSA forms.
Virginia Western enrollment for Spring Semester 2019, which begins Jan. 14, 2019, will be open to the public on Nov. 12, 2018. Prospective and returning students can view class schedules and enroll online at www.virginiawestern.edu.
FAFSA Free for All is open to the public and no appointment is needed. Take this important step and start one step ahead! For directions to campus and parking information, visit: www.virginiawestern.edu/about/visitvwcc. For answers to frequently asked financial aid questions, visit: https://mysupport.virginiawestern.edu/sims/helpcenter/common/layout/SelfHelpHome.seam?inst_name=vccs-virginiawestern.