Congratulations to these winners of the Virginia Western Chili Cook-Off and Cookie Bake-Off. The March 9 event raised nearly $700 to benefit the Virginia Western Student Food Co-Op, Fueled by Kroger:
- Ladles & Linens door prize: Marla Mook
- Sweepstakes prize of 50-inch TV, donated by Kroger: Gayle Clary
- Non-traditional chili ($25 Kroger gift card and commemorative spoon): Carole Tarrant*
- Traditional chili ($25 Kroger gift card and commemorative spoon): Amy Anguiano
- Hot & Spicy chili ($25 Kroger gift card and commemorative spoon): Kristen Allard
- Cookies: Amanda Mansfield* (oatmeal, cranberry, pistachio with white chocolate drizzle)
- Chili Fan Favorite (Instant Pot): Lora Vasiliauskas (red version)
- Cookies Fan Favorite (Instant Pot): Katelyn Burton (chocolate-chocolate cookies with sea salt)
We had nearly a dozen chili entries and the same for cookies, with faculty, staff, students and the general public represented.
Many thanks to all of the competitors who cooked for a great cause! And to our judges: Dr. Robert H. Sandel, Peter Stocki, Joe Stanley, Michelle Bennett, Dan Casey, Craig Harris, Kat Pascal, Gene Marrano and David Dantzler.
Remember, you always can donate directly to the Food Co-Op fund, which is managed by the Educational Foundation. Click the link below or contact Amanda Mansfield, Educational Foundation Philanthropy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Foundation staff donated the value of their gift card prizes to the Co-Op fund.