Virginia Western Community College’s Workforce Solutions is offering welding training this fall. Gas Flux-cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) classes are available, where students will learn how to use welding equipment and navigate standard safety methods.
Successful students will receive an American Welding Society stamped welder and welding operator qualification record. Students can increase their career opportunities by obtaining certification in both areas of welding.
Three sessions are available to choose from this fall, with weekend and evening training options, for each type of welding training. Full tuition is $999 per course. Students may qualify for the Workforce Credentials Grant and be eligible to enroll for one-third of that cost ($333). Additional funding support may be available. Contact Amanda Decker to learn about the course and funding options at 540-857-6279 or email@example.com. To register online, https://virginiawestern.augusoft.net/
Welding (FCAW) Classes – Choose one session
- Sept. 26 – Oct. 12, 5 – 10 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Oct. 17 – Nov. 2, 5 – 10 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Oct. 20 – Nov. 3, 5 p.m. -10 p.m. on Friday & 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: All courses held at Salem/Burton Center for Arts & Technology, Salem, VA
Welding (GMAW) Classes – Choose one session
- 17 – to Nov. 2, 5 – 10 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 7 – to Nov. 30, 5 – 10 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 29 – Oct. 13, 5 -10 p.m. on Friday & 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: All courses held at Roanoke Technical Education Center, Roanoke, VA