Come celebrate “Love Your Library Day” today (Monday, February 24) in Brown Library. This is your opportunity to get to know the Learning Resources that are available for you on all three floors of the Brown Library Building — your ticket to academic support and success.
Check out Today’s activities:
Building-Wide Scavenger Hunt
- (For Students Only) Get scavenger hunt forms from the Circulation Desk on the top floor of the library. Submit completed scavenger hunt forms to the Circulation Desk for a chance to win a $100.00 Amazon Gift Card. Six runner-up prizes will also be awarded. Prizes provided by Student Activities and the VWCC bookstore. Contest winners will be notified on February 25.
Ground Floor Activities
- (For Students Only) The first ten students who visit the Writing Center and say, “I love my library” will get a goodie bag.
Main Floor Activities
- (For Students, Staff, and Faculty) Kiss Contest! Guess the correct number of candy kisses on display at the main floor Resource Desk, and win a prize. Prizes provided by Bubblecake. Contest winners will be notified on February 25.
Top Floor Activities
- (For Students, Staff, and Faculty) Free hot beverages 10am-2pm and 4:30pm-6:30pm.
- (For Students Only) The first ten students who visit the Reference Desk and do “The Robot” will get a goodie bag. Research assistance provided for those who are not familiar with that dance.
- (For Music Lovers) Electrifying performance by the “Mime-All-Mime Air Guitar Band.” We don’t know exactly when the band will be performing, so you will just have to come and spend the day in our building.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you in Brown Library.