As we approach the end of the Fall 2017 semester, we will need to discontinue Interlibrary Loan service. The following cut-off dates should ensure you have time to place a request and receive the material for final assignments and exams. Please be sure to submit your requests by these dates.
- The last day to request BOOKS through ILL is Thursday, November 30, 2017.
- The last day to request ARTICLES through ILL is Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
We have numerous books and databases to meet your research needs. If you need help identifying materials in our collection, contact a reference librarian: 540-857-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Best of luck as you finish up your semester!
Welcome back to campus! We’ve been busy this summer updating our website and policies.
- You’ll notice some changes on our website. We recently migrated to a new version of InfoGuides. Click on the InfoGuides link in the left sidebar of our homepage to check out the fresh new look.
- Our Database list has also been updated. You can search for your favorite database, sort by alphabetical order, or browse databases by subject area. Check out the changes under the Find Articles link in the left sidebar of our homepage.
- Thanks to your feedback, we’ve changed our food policy. We will now allow snacks and drinks in the library. Please be courteous, clean up after yourselves, and let us know if you need help dealing with a spill.
- A photo ID is required to borrow library materials. You can obtain a Student ID in the Student Life Center, which gets you access to other stuff on campus, too. Or we can use another form of valid ID.
Remember, some things never change. Our floor is still a silent study space, perfect for concentrating on homework or doing research. Your friendly library staff members are still here to answer your questions and help you find sources. Email us at email@example.com or stop by and say hi in person! We are here 8am-8pm Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday, and 9am-1pm Saturday throughout the semester.
Did you know that the library has a reserves collection that contains many of the textbooks used across campus? Now you do!
The purpose of this collection is to fill-in during those times when you don’t have access to textbooks. Maybe you ordered your textbooks, but they haven’t arrived and classes have already started. Or you have back-to-back classes and the middle one is cancelled, freeing up unexpected study time. Or you’re parked behind Duncan and realize you left your textbook in your car and just don’t want to make the trek back across campus to get it.
We’ve got you covered! Most of our reserve textbooks are available for use on our floor for 2 hours at a time. You can look at our handy dandy InfoGuide to determine if we have the books for your classes. Or feel free to give us a call (857-7303). We’re happy to help you!
Did you know that the Virginia Western Educational Foundation gives everyone the opportunity to help the book and eBook collections grow and stay relevant to students? The Brown Library Collections Fund collects donations to help the library purchase badly needed books and eBooks when our regular book budget is not enough. In addition, the Foundation’s flexible purchasing power allows the library to make purchases quickly, often in time to help students and faculty with specific assignments. Please consider donating to the fund this year. The library staff and the students we serve appreciate the generosity of those who have donated to this fund. We take seriously the responsibility of using your donations to the greatest benefit our academic community. Thank you!
A new study finds that going to the the library for a year can make you feel like you have had a $2,282 raise. Go ahead, give yourself a raise; visit the library!