The library operates on full, normal hours while summer classes are in session. We’d love for you to stop by the top floor of the Brown Library building to see the books, DVDs, and electronic resources we have available. We also have reference librarians on staff to help with your research assignments and citations. Come visit us!
Monday – Thursday 8am-8pm
We will have a couple of closures over the summer for Memorial Day (May 26 & 28) and Independence Day (July 4). Be sure to check the student bulletin email for any closure announcements.
As we approach the end of the Fall 2017 semester, we will need to discontinue Interlibrary Loan service. The following cut-off dates should ensure you have time to place a request and receive the material for final assignments and exams. Please be sure to submit your requests by these dates.
- The last day to request BOOKS through ILL is Thursday, November 30, 2017.
- The last day to request ARTICLES through ILL is Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
We have numerous books and databases to meet your research needs. If you need help identifying materials in our collection, contact a reference librarian: 540-857-7303 or email@example.com. Best of luck as you finish up your semester!
Welcome back to campus! We’ve been busy this summer updating our website and policies.
- You’ll notice some changes on our website. We recently migrated to a new version of InfoGuides. Click on the InfoGuides link in the left sidebar of our homepage to check out the fresh new look.
- Our Database list has also been updated. You can search for your favorite database, sort by alphabetical order, or browse databases by subject area. Check out the changes under the Find Articles link in the left sidebar of our homepage.
- Thanks to your feedback, we’ve changed our food policy. We will now allow snacks and drinks in the library. Please be courteous, clean up after yourselves, and let us know if you need help dealing with a spill.
- A photo ID is required to borrow library materials. You can obtain a Student ID in the Student Life Center, which gets you access to other stuff on campus, too. Or we can use another form of valid ID.
Remember, some things never change. Our floor is still a silent study space, perfect for concentrating on homework or doing research. Your friendly library staff members are still here to answer your questions and help you find sources. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by and say hi in person! We are here 8am-8pm Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday, and 9am-1pm Saturday throughout the semester.
The end of the semester is rapidly approaching! If you need to request materials through Interlibrary Loan, please do so promptly.
We will not accept ILL book requests beyond Monday, April 24.
We will not accept ILL article requests beyond Monday, May 1.
If you need research assistance, please contact the Reference Department at 540-857-7303 or email@example.com. Best of luck on your final assignments and tests!
As the semester comes to a close, it is necessary to suspend Interlibrary Loan service. Book requests will not be accepted after tomorrow, December 6, 2016 at 1:00pm. Article requests will not be accepted after Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 1:00pm. Please plan your research needs accordingly. Our friendly reference librarians are ready and willing to help you! Contact the reference team today to schedule an appointment: 540-857-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.