Franklin Center Testing Information
The Franklin Center also serves as a testing center for Virginia Western Community College.
- Tests are administered by appointment only.
- Requests must be made at least 3 business days before appointment time.
- During hours of operation, students may take placement tests, appropriate make-up tests, and exams for Online Learning courses (in accordance with class policies).
- Students wishing to schedule an appointment should call (540) 483-0179, ext. 2116.
- Students should not bring children with them when coming to take a test and should always bring a Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID.
- The Student Testing Responsibilities at the Franklin Center are the same as those posted for the Testing Center.
Testing is available by appointment at the Franklin Center during the following days and times:
Monday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Tuesday: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday: No testing available
Thursday: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
To take a test at the Franklin Center students must fill out the Franklin Center Testing Request Form and send it to their instructor.
Instructors may send tests to the Center by email at or by fax at 540-483-1297. Hand delivered tests will be received during the Center's open hours. If you have any questions, please contact us for further instruction.
Franklin Center Contact Information:
Virginia Western Community College
50 Claiborne Avenue
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Phone: (540) 483-0179, ext. 2116, or (540) 857-6812
Fax: (540) 483-1297
Tests will not be given out within 30 minutes of closing
Location: Ground Floor, Brown Library
3095 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015