Financial Aid :: Policies & Conditions
The Financial Aid Office seeks to administer financial aid:
- in accordance with federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies,
- in a fair and consistent manner among students, and
- on a timely basis.
Within these parameters, the Financial Aid Office is committed to maximizing the qualifications of all financial aid applicants. A student who questions a decision that has been made, or who wishes to present an extenuating circumstance, is provided the opportunity to file a written appeal and have the situation further reviewed.
If you would like to file an appeal, contact the Financial Aid Office. Financial aid staff members can advise you regarding the procedures to follow.
Reasons for an appeal, though not limited to these, typically fall into one of the following categories:
- Loss of financial aid due to unsatisfactory academic progress;
- The need to apply for financial aid as a dependent student and thus to provide parental information on the application;
- A significant change in the household (e.g., marital separation of student or parents, loss or reduction of employment on part of student or parents, loss or reduction of untaxed income such as child support or Social Security benefits, death of parent, etc.);
- Unusually high out-of-pocket medical/dental expenses;
- Child care expenses during time spent at school;
- Financial aid information provided was inaccurate or insufficient in nature;
- Financial aid was not delivered in a timely manner.
Location: Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM