Register for Dual Enrollment
Students should discuss with their guidance department their interest in registering for a dual enrollment class. Before you can register, you must apply to Virginia Western and complete the Virginia Placement Testing in Mathematics and English.
Apply to Virginia Western
To apply to Virginia Western, begin in our Enrollment Center! There you will find out what you need to know before you begin, as well as instructions for the application.
Helpful Hints To Complete Your Application
- You will need to enter a security code and then create a temporary username and password. This username and password is only for the application, and is not your MyVWCC username and password.
- If you have previously applied to VWCC or have previously taken dual enrollment classes, you will need to know your Student ID Number (Emplid). If you do not know it, you can look it up here.
- In the High School Information section, select High School (graduated or currently enrolled), not "No high school diploma or GED". Then enter your high school name and location, when you will graduate, and your type of degree.
- In the Educational Goals dropdown, choose 041 if you are a high school student and 042 if you are home-schooled.
After You Apply
- When you have completed the application, you will receive your Student ID Number (Emplid). Write this down and put it in a safe place. You will need this number to register for classes, take placement tests, obtain your transcript, or any other communication with the college. It is very important that you keep this number ALWAYS.
- Have your parent(s) fill out the Under 18 Signature Page (PDF) and return that to your high school guidance department or to the VWCC Enrollment Center.
You may also need to complete the following forms and submit them to your high school Guidance Counselor. Both forms are in PDF format.
- Information Release Form (FERPA) (all students)
- High School/Home-School Request for Admissions Form (9th & 10th graders)
Register for Dual Enrollment Classes
High school student class registration is submitted through your high school guidance department. First, you must apply to Virginia Western (see above). After you apply:
- Discuss with your guidance department which class(es) you wish to register for.
- Complete Virginia Placement Testing. This must be completed before you can register.
- Provide your testing results and your Student ID Number (Emplid) to your high school guidance department.
The high school guidance department will then submit the enrollment request to the college.
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard
Location: Fishburn Hall F125C
3093 Colonial Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24015