VWCC BIOLOGY CLUB EVENT FEB. 3RD – SPECIAL SPEAKER
Guest speaker, Feb. 3rd:
Ozzie Lane Ph.D., research and polymer chemist from Virginia Tech, will be giving a talk about how to get into research labs, navigate the process of graduate school selection, and her personal experience in science. Snacks will be provided.
The Virginia Western Bio club will be meeting monthly from 2:30-3:30pm in HP418 the first Wednesday of every month.
The aim of this club is to engage students in conversation about biology and the life sciences. We hope to coordinate opportunities for field-related volunteer work, guest speakers, field trips to local companies in the biotech industry, and spark a greater scientific interest here at Western. Light snacks will be served.
For more information, or to inquire about leadership positions within the club, contact:
Posted on January 27, 2016
Virginia Tech Transfer and Advising Day Event
Interested in transferring to Virginia Tech? Already been accepted to VT for FALL 2016 ? Want to learn more about VT programs?
Then join VT admissions and program representatives in the Student Life Bldg., 3rd Floor, on January 28th, 10am to 2 pm for a day full of information and fun!
- College of Engineering
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Pre-Vet and College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Science
- College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Pamplin College of Business
- College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences
Come ready to ask questions, come ready to have fun, and come ready to show your HOKIE PRIDE!!!
Posted on January 26, 2016
Radford University On-Site Admissions Day
Radford University will be on campus in the Natural Science Center, Wednesday, January 20th for On-Site Admissions. Students will need to schedule an appointment in the Advising Office in Chapman Hall, room 105. The deadline for scheduling an appointment will be Monday, January 18th. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis, so schedule early!
To sign up for an appointment with a Radford University Admissions Representative students must:
- Complete the online application to Radford University one week prior to the appointment.
- Print out a copy of the complete application and bring it to Heather Hunter in Chapman 105to sign up for a specific meeting time (appointments will be scheduled in 20 minute increments).
- Bring official transcripts from VWCC and any other colleges & universities you have previously attended to Heather Hunter in Chapman 105 (Unofficial transcripts will not be reviewed).
- Bring official high school transcripts (necessary if you have not taken a college level math, successfully completed developmental math that includes up through Algebra II, or if you have completed less than 24 transferable credits)
Please be aware that in order to make an appointment you will need to turn in ALL of the required documents.
What Happens During My On-Site Admissions Appointment?
- You will meet with an admissions representative from Radford University.
- You will receive an admissions decision!
- You will find out more about transfer scholarships and will learn about the next steps after being accepted.
If students have questions about scheduling an appointment please contact Heather Hunter, New Student Advisor, at email@example.com.
Posted on December 18, 2015