About Virginia Western
- About VWCC
- Administrative Offices
- Career & Corporate Training
- Directions & Maps
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Educational Foundation
- Emergency Preparedness
- Employment Opportunities
- Event Facilities
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Leadership & Governance
- Legal & Policies
- Marketing & Communications
- Mission & Vision
- Off-Campus Facilities
- Strategic Plan - Success 2021
Maps & Directions
Virginia Western is located on Colonial Avenue in Roanoke, Virginia. The main address to use for GPS or other mapping programs (Mapquest, Google Maps, etc.) is:
Looking for a specific building? Click here for college building street addresses.
For information about hotels, attractions, shopping, events, restaurants, and more in the Roanoke Valley, please visit the Visit Virginia's Blue Ridge web site.
From Interstate I-81 (Exit 143)
- Take I-581/220 South to the Colonial Ave. exit (~ 8 miles).
- Turn left at the stoplight at the end of the exit ramp.
- VWCC is located on both sides of Colonial Ave. starting at the first roundabout.
From Route 419 (SW)
- Coming from the Salem direction, turn left onto Colonial Ave.
- Continue straight through the next stoplight.
- VWCC is located on both sides of Colonial Ave. approximately 2 miles from Rt. 419.
From Route 220 South
- Take the Colonial Ave./Wonju St. exit.
- Turn right at the end of the ramp and continue to the stoplight.
- Turn left onto Colonial Ave.
- VWCC is located on both sides of Colonial Ave in approximately 1 mile.
To the Enrollment Center, Records, Financial Aid, and Advising (Chapman Hall)
- From the direction of I-581, on Colonial Avenue go to the 3rd roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto Winding Way.
- Turn left into the parking area at the top of the hill.
- Chapman Hall is located between the bookstore and the Community Arboretum.
To the STEM building, Student Life Center, or Thomas Center
- From the direction of I-581, on Colonial Avenue at the 1st roundabout take the 3rd exit into the parking area.
- Turn right into the parking lots.
- The STEM building is straight ahead, closest to the road. The Thomas Center and Student Life buildings are to the left.
Visitors are welcome at VWCC. Visitors may park in any parking space with white lines at all times (student parking). In addition visitors can obtain a temporary parking permit from any Dean's office or the Campus Police that allows parking in yellow line areas (faculty parking). Designated visitor spaces are available in specific locations. Designated visitor parking is available in Lot 1 adjoining the Enrollment Center (Chapman Hall), Lot 5 adjoining administration building (Fishburn Hall), Lot 8 adjoining the Fralin Center, and in Lot 4 adjoining the Humanities building. Designated handicap spaces are provided in Lots 1, 1E, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 and in front of College Services Building.
More detailed parking information can be found in our Parking Policy.
Campus Maps can be found in the right hand column. Click each map for a larger version.