About Virginia Western
- About VWCC
- Administrative Offices
- Career & Corporate Training
- Directions & Maps
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Educational Foundation
- Emergency Preparedness
- Employment Opportunities
- Event Facilities
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Leadership & Governance
- Legal & Policies
- Marketing & Communications
- Mission & Vision
- Off-Campus Facilities
- Strategic Plan - Success 2021
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity is a core value at Virginia Western Community College. We are committed to promoting a culture and practice of inclusion and empowerment.
Virginia Western defines diversity as the celebration of the unique contributions of all individuals, stemming from, but not limited to, the traditional categories of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
We are Western--a college community united in our individuality.
Did you know?
- Our diverse student body is comprised of students from 8 major ethnic groups.
- The mission of Virginia's Community Colleges is to "give EVERYONE the opportunity to learn and develop the right skills so lives and communities are strengthened."
- There are 5 minority-majority institutions in the Virginia Community College System.
- The Office of Disability Services assists in facilitating accommodations for all eligible students.
- Virginia Western has numerous student clubs and organizations. If you can't find one that matches your interests, you can start a new one! Click on "Student Clubs & Organizations" below for more information.
Diversity @ VWCC
Mission, Values, Goals
Virginia Western Events Calendar
Student Life Office
Student Clubs and Organizations
Military Student Center
ADA Campus Map
- I am a New Student Advisor at Virginia Western and joined the College in January 2012. I also teach SDV 101 (Student Development) as an Adjunct in the School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
- I am from Dublin, VA.
- I came to the Roanoke area in 2001.
- I enjoy spending time with my husband, daughter and fur baby, as well as working out and competing in strongman and powerlifting competitions. I am a huge advocate of using the weight room to enhance not only physical strength, but mental strength as well.
- I love the sense of community that VWCC fosters and building relationships with co-workers and students. I love that, whether you are a student straight out of high school or someone who has been in the workforce for years, the College offers a plethora of opportunities to fit educational and employment needs. There is nothing like supporting students right where they are on their journey and being an advocate for their success.