Virginia Western's Workforce Solutions designs timely, customized training programs to address the ever-changing opportunities and challenges faced by employers. Based on results of Training Needs Assessments, we design and implement Custom Training Programs to update and improve the skills of your workforce, increase employee engagement, improve company performance and help you achieve organizational goals. Our training can be brought to your work site or you can bring your employees to our training facilities.
Customized training focuses on skills that improve:
- organizational productivity (team building, management and leadership, coaching, or lean manufacturing);
- individual productivity (time management, managing stress, communication, or customer service);
- computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, technical certifications, or customized applications); and
- job specific skills (machining, OSHA, programmable controllers).
Benefits of Customized Training
- Convenient class locations with on-site training available
- A comprehensive training plan, based on a training needs assessment, will address the skills and knowledge your employees need to help achieve your organizational goals
- Programs tailored to meet your company's organizational goals
- Training positively impacts employee performance and your profitability
- A well-trained workforce provides a competitive advantage
Job Skills Assessment Tools
ACT WorkKeys® is a job skills assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a high-performance workforce. WorkKeys® connects work skills, training, and testing for employers and is the basis for the Commonwealth of Virginia Career Readiness Certificate and the National Career Readiness Certificate.
WorkKeys® Foundational and Personal Skills assessments provide reliable, relevant information about workplace skill levels:
- Foundational Skills assessments measure cognitive abilities such as applied mathematics, reading for information, and locating information.
- Personal Skills assessment are designed to predict job behavior and measure the full potential of individuals.
Other Assessments Available
- ServSafe: Food Safety Certification for Managers
- National Retail Federation: Customer Service Certification
- TalentLens: Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test
- Manufacturing Skills Institute: Manufacturing Technician 1
- Manufacturing Skills Standards Council: Certified Production Technician
- Society for Maintenance & Reliability: certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician
- Siemens Mechatronics Systems (SMSCP): Siemens Certified Mechatronics Assistant Level 1
- American Welding Society: FCAW; GMAW; GTAW; SMAW
- NCCER: Core and Welding Level 1
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM): SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Virginia State Board of Dentistry: Dental Radiation Safety Certification
- National Healthcareer Association: Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS)