Workforce Solutions :: Featured Programs
Teacher Licensure (Career Switcher Program)
Want to Teach in Virginia?
Virginia's Community Colleges offer a fast track alternative licensure program -- EducateVA -- a statewide initiative to address critical shortages in the teaching profession throughout the state, allowing you to bring your dream of teaching into reality.
With the appropriate qualifications, EducateVA can help you become a licensed teacher in the state of Virginia, while maintaining your current job and responsibilities!
Using a combination of online and onsite instruction, you can complete the teaching certification program within 16 weeks, with six Saturdays required onsite at a nearby community college.
We have a proven track record and success in education, teaching, teacher education, teacher training, teaching careers, teaching jobs, teaching in Virginia, teaching as a second career, high school teaching requirements, education in virginia, and becoming a teacher, so please contact us today for more information or to begin the process.
Do You Qualify?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 5 or more years of full time work experience
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required
- Required assessments
- Criminal background check
- Do not currently have a Provisional License or expired Provisional License from the VDOE or a teaching license from any other state
- Must take the Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) and Praxis II assessments and score at the prescribed levels.
- Complete the 18-week Level One program, which includes 40 hours of classroom experience
- Teach successfully with a provisional license for one full year prior to being recommended for a full 5-year renewable teaching license
- Complete Level Two of the program during the 1-year provisional period, which includes Saturday sessions and online training
For Additional Information
For more information and to see areas of endorsement go to EducateVA.com or contact Amanda Decker at or 540-857-6476.
Career Path & Funding Assistance:
Amanda Decker: 540-857-6279
Melissa Marcus: 540-857-6820
Location: Thomas Center - Ground Floor
3074 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015