Workforce Solutions :: Featured Programs
Pharmacy Technician Program
The pharmacy is often the most accessible form of health care, and pharmacy technicians play a vital role in hospitals, health systems, and community, grocery or drug store pharmacies. Pharmacy technicians are comfortable communicating with diverse audiences, performing data entry with various software programs, problem-solving to work in a busy environment, and maintaining professionalism to provide quality patient care.
Registration & Funding
Funding Opportunities Are Possible. Call Us Today! 540-857-6076
This course will prepare you to support pharmacists to provide safe and effective patient care
Students will learn:
- Customer service and interpersonal communication
- Accurately read and fill prescriptions
- Perform calculations, routes and formulations
- Maintain patient confidentiality and medical ethics
- Perform basic insurance billing and medical record keeping
Students will be prepared to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
Demonstrate college readiness by completing ONE of the following:
- Proof of GED or US High School diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
*Candidates who are within 60 days of acquiring their high school diploma or equivalent will be eligible to apply for the PTCE with a copy of a high school diploma, transcript, or school official letter. PTCB certification will not be granted until proof of high school completion (or equivalent) is provided to PTCB.
- US College diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment. Take the North Star Test now.
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions; must disclose when registering for the PTCE at the end of the course.
Career Path & Funding Assistance:
Amanda Decker: 540-857-6279
Melissa Marcus: 540-857-6820
Location: Thomas Center - Ground Floor
3074 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015