Licensure, Credentialing & Intensive Training Programs
Basic Contractors Business Licensing
This 8 hour course is designed to provide a basic look at the statutes and regulations that govern contractor licensing in Virginia, including a review of the different types of licenses available and the qualifications for each, including Standards of Practice, Prohibited Acts and How to Avoid Violations of the Regulations.
This course has been approved by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation, board for Contractors.
As of August 21, 2006, the Contractors' Board requires all contractors applying for a new license to successfully complete an 8-hour approved basic business course as a prerequisite to licensure.
Questions about Pre-licensing?
Questions about pre-licensing should be addressed to the Contractor Board at 804-367-8511. Exam information is available in the Candidate Information Bulletin from PSI Examination Services at http://www.psiexams.com.
Do not be late! Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- Class #: 71096 - BLDG 2250STCONB – G3
- Dates/Time: Saturday, April 27, 2013 from 8am-5pm
- Location: Greenfield Education and Training Center
- Cost: Cost of the course is $185.00 per person. Textbooks are included in the cost of the course and will be available to all registered students on the day of the course.
This course is non-transferable and non-refundable after the enrollment deadline listed above.
Virginia Western reserves the right to cancel classes that do not have sufficient enrollment. Should this occur, students will be contacted and scheduled for the next available class, or they may request a refund if another class is not convenient.
If you have not been a student of Virginia Western Community College in the past 3 years, you must complete a NON-credit application to Virginia Western Community college. You can:
- Apply online at http://apply.vccs.edu/. Use the Apply Online link to help guide you through the entire process, including enrolling in classes and making a payment. For assistance with online enrollment call 540-857-7231.
- Apply in person at any of the following locations. Call ahead for office hours as times may vary!
Main Campus: The Admissions Office in Chapman Hall. Room C108, 3094 Colonial Ave, Roanoke, VA 24015. (540) 857-7321.
The Greenfield Education and Training Center: 57 South Center Dr., Daleville, VA 24083. (540) 966-3984.
The Franklin Center: 50 Claiborne Avenue, Rocky Mount, VA 24151. (540) 483-0179 ext. 2116.