Two-Year Transfer Grant
Established in 2007, the Commonwealth of Virginia's Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program (CTG) provides an incentive for students to first complete an associate degree at a Virginia public two-year college before transferring to a participating Virginia four-year college or university as a means to reduce the overall cost towards completing a bachelor's degree.
In addition to paying lower tuition charges for their freshman and sophomore years while attending a two-year college, qualifying students may also receive a CTG award once they transfer to the participating four-year institution.
To be eligible, the student must (subject to Code of Virginia §§23.1-623-727 and 8VAC 40-150):
- Be a first-time entering freshman (at any institution) no earlier than fall 2007.
- Be an undergraduate in-state student (Virginia domicile).
- Meet selective service requirements.
- Have received an associate degree at a Virginia two-year public institution.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for the associate degree.
- Enroll full-time into a Virginia four-year public college or university or a Virginia four-year private nonprofit college or university by the fall or spring immediately following completion of an associate degree (see list of participating institutions at the bottom of the next page).
- Enroll into a degree program that is not for religious training or theological education.
- Have applied for financial aid by completing the federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the four-year institution’s published deadline.
- Have financial need, defined as a federally calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $12,000 or less.
Location: Chapman Hall C105