Guaranteed Admissions Agreements
The Virginia Community College System has entered into guaranteed admissions agreements (GAA) with many of the four-year colleges and universities within the state. A GAA is an agreement that guarantees a Virginia Western student will be accepted to a specific four-year school when the student meets the requirements outlined in the GAA. The link below provides a current listing of the guarantee admissions agreements that Virginia Western honors as a member of the Virginia Community College System.
In addition to the agreements listed in the above link, Virginia Western has entered into various GAAs independent of the VCCS (see below).
High School/Dual Enrollment Students
It is important to note that students completing coursework through high school dual enrollment may need to take additional courses that are not necessarily required for their degree in order to satisfy a guaranteed admissions agreement. In addition, any high school student who completes an Associate's Degree while in high school may not be eligible for a guaranteed admissions agreement. High school students taking college courses should carefully read the stipulations of each agreement and contact the four-year school with any questions concerning eligibility.
Articulation Agreements (Independent of VCCS)
Virginia Western Community College has also entered into numerous articulation agreements with four-year schools in Virginia. An articulation agreement is an agreement that informs students as to what classes to take at Virginia Western in order to transfer them to a specific four-year school. However, completion of an Articulation Agreement alone does not guarantee admission to the four-year school.
Below is a list of articulation agreements and guaranteed admissions agreements that Virginia Western has entered independent of the VCCS.
(All documents are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.)
- AAS Admin. of Justice to BS Sociology/Criminal Justice (Articulation)
- Associates Degree to BS in Graduate/Professional Studies (Articulation)
Bluefield State College
- AAS in Accounting to BS in Business Admin. (Articulation)
- AAS in Management to BS in Business Admin. (Articulation)
- AS in Business Admin. to BS in Business Admin. (Articulation)
- Criminal Justice Program (Articulation)
James Madison University
- AA/AS (Guaranteed Admissions Agreement)
- Addendum to Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (effective Fall 2016)
Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- BS in Healthcare Management (Articulation)
- BS in Health Psychology (Articulation)
- BS in Nursing (Articulation)
- BS in Respiratory Therapy (Articulation)
Old Dominion University
- Administration of Justice to BS in Criminal Justice
- Dental Hygiene to BS in Dental Hygiene Post Licensure (Online Program)
- Dental Hygiene to BS in Health Sciences
- Design Engineering Technology Specialization to BS in Engineering Technology Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Human Services to BS in Human Services
- Information System Technology to BS in Occupational & Technical Studies
- Mechatronics Systems Engineering Technology to BS in Engineering Technology (Mechanical Engineering Technology)
- Radiography to BS in Health Sciences
- RN to BS in Health Sciences
- RN to BS in Nursing
- AAS to BS in Mechatronics (Articulation)
- BS in Criminal Justice (Articulation)
- BS in Interdisciplinary Studies/Elementary Education (Articulation)
- BS in Social Work (Partnership Agreement)
Location: Chapman Hall C105