Valley Metro Partnership
Did you know that with a valid Virginia Western student, faculty or staff I.D., you can ride the bus for free?
Bus service is provided Monday through Friday each week, (no Saturdays or weekends). Students must show a current student ID in order to ride for free.
If you'd like to see the routes and plan your trip, click here.
Bus Route Planner
VWCC-Valley Metro Fare Reimbursement Agreement
The term of the current agreement with Valley Metro is for VWCC's 2016-2017 academic year, beginning August 22, 2016 and ending August 2, 2017 in accordance with the following dates. (Bus service is not provided in between terms or when school is not in session.)
- Fall Term: August 22 through December 18
- Spring Term: January 9 through May 6
- Summer Term: May 22 through August 2
The college will observe holidays and/or be closed on the following dates. Bus service will not be provided on these days. (In addition, please keep in mind that the college typically closes in severe weather conditions. College closures are published on our website, broadcast via local news outlets, and broadcast via our text alert systems.)
- Labor Day - September 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving - November 22 – November 27, 2016
- Holiday Break - December 18, 2016 – January 9, 2017
- Memorial Day - May 29, 2017
- Independence Day - July 4, 2017
Location: Student Life Center S307
Hours of Operation