Student Life :: Recreation
Fitness Center :: Facility & Equipment
The Fitness Center is equipped state-of-the-art equipment which includes:
- 2 Curve Treadmills
- 5 Treadmills with Internet/iPod/USB
- 2 Ellipticals with Internet/iPod/USB
- 2 Crosstrainers with Internet/iPod/USB
- 2 Exercise Bikes with Internet/iPod/USB
- 3 KINESIS® machines
- Leg Curl/Extension/Press Machines
- Assisted Pull-Up Machine
- Yoga balls and mats
- Exercise steps and bands
- Free Weights with benches
- & more!
Tours & Equipment Orientations
Want to learn more about the Fitness Center and all it has to offer? Come in for a tour or equipment orientation!
A Fitness Center staff member will walk through the facility and go over different areas, programs, equipment and policies. Group tours are limited to 15 people during open hours.
A Fitness Center staff member will help you learn how to properly operate our Technogym fitness equipment.
Recognized groups on campus may reserve the Fitness Center Studio for fitness related activities when Fitness Center programs are not using the space. Please fill out a Studio Reservation Form (PDF) and return to the Fitness Center Manager at least 10 business days before your scheduled event.
Locker rentals are available for currently enrolled students, faculty and staff through the Virginia Western Fitness Center. If you would like to rent a locker, please fill out the Locker Rental Agreement (PDF) and return it to the Fitness Center. See below for current pricing and locker rental periods for the academic year.
|Semester||Student Rate||Faculty/Staff Rate|
- It is important that you use the lock issued to you by the Fitness Center and that your lock remains on your assigned locker. A $10 fee will be charged for lost or unreturned locks.
- A decision to relinquish or renew a locker must be provided to the Fitness Center at least (5) five days prior to the expiration of the rental term.
- Any items remaining in the locker at the end of the rental term will be removed and placed in Lost & Found.
- The Fitness Center is not responsible for any damages, theft or vandalism that may occur to the locker or its contents. Fitness Center reserves right to ask patrons to remove items that are unsanitary or disturb general locker room setting.
- Lockers rentals must be paid through the Cashiers Office in Chapman Hall. Locks will be distributed upon receipt of proof of payment.
Location: Student Life Center S106
Hours of Operation
The fitness center is closed during all holidays observed by the college.