Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if I am unable find my Student ID (Emplid) and Username?
- What should I do if I am unable to sign into MyVWCC with my Username?
- Can I change my password?
- What are some common enrollment errors I should check before contacting the Admissions Office?
- What should I do if I find multiple Student IDs under my name?
- What should I do if my name is incorrect in MyVWCC?
- What should I do if my address and/or telephone number is incorrect in MyVWCC?
- How do I determine the 5-digit class number to use when I am registering through MyVWCC?
- What should I do if I've received an invalid value error when submitting my enrollment request?
- Will a partial payment hold my credit classes?
- Can I request an official transcript through MyVWCC?
- Whom do I contact when I am having technical problems with MyVWCC?
If you have followed the instructions found under Find your Username/Password and are unable to find your Student ID (Emplid) and Username, please contact the Admission Office at (540) 857-7231 or the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354. If you are on campus, please visit the Admissions Office in Chapman 108. For assistance, you must have a picture ID or proof of identification.
If you have your Username and are unable to sign into MyVWCC, please contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231 or the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354. If you are on campus, please visit the Admissions Office in Chapman 108.
Yes, you can. You will be automatically asked to change your default password the first time you use MyVWCC successfully. Whenever you want to change your password after the initial time, sign into MyVWCCand click the Change Your Password link.
- Have you satisfied the prerequisites for the course?
- Is it past the last date for adding the specific class section?
- Is a placement test required?
- Do you have an unpaid dept to the college?
- Do you have a hold on your record?
- Did you change your User Preferences to the current semester?
Usually, when you have more than one Student ID (Emplid), it means that you may have taken classes at or been employed by more than one college. For assistance with determining the correct Student ID, contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231.
You must notify the Records Office to make any changes to your primary, official name. For additional information, please refer to the Records Office homepage.
You may make changes to your address and/or your telephone number by using MyVWCC or in the college Records Office, Chapman Hall, Room 107. For additional information, please refer to the Records Office homepage.
- If you search for a class using MyVWCC, the 5-digit class number will be displayed.
- You can enter the 5-digit class number that appears in the printed Schedule of Classes to search for a class. For example, the class number in the Schedule of Classes for section 11 of ACC 211 is 30111.
- Each semester the VWCC Schedule of Classes can be accessed from the VWCC homepage. The 5-digit class number is found to the left side of the page under the CLS# heading.
Select the OK button, which will return you to the enrollment page. Once you're there, you should enter the class number exactly as it appears in the version of the schedule of classes you're using. Alternatively, you can search for the class in which you're enrolling and select the number from the list that appears after you've entered the selection criteria. If you continue to experience difficulties, contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231 or the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354.
Partial payments do not hold your credit classes. Check the Tuition Payment page for payment deadlines. Remember, you can pay online using a credit card. (You only have one day to pay for non-credit classes.)
If you have attended VWCC between Fall 2001 and today, you may request transcripts through MyVWCC. If you have not attended VWCC since Fall 2001, you MAY NOT request transcripts through MyVWCC; you must request transcripts through the Records Office. For additional information on requesting official transcripts, please refer to the Records Office homepage.
The Help Desk is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.