Add a Note to a Student's Folder in SAILS
Instructors, Faculty Advisors, & Advisors
- Sign in to MyVWCC by clicking on the Login to MyVWCC link on the left of this screen or the MyVWCC link on the Virginia Western homepage.
- Click SAILS.
- Click the Students tab in the upper left-hand corner.
- From the Students tab, you can search for a student by Name or Connection. Searching by Connection allows you to view a group of students based on your relationship with them in SAILS. For example, an instructor can get a list of students enrolled in a course or a Faculty Advisor can get a list of his or her assigned advisees.
- Select the student(s) for which you would like to record a Note. Notes do not prompt any sort of college response and are not emailed to the student. Shared Notes should be used for informational items related to a student's academic success that do not currently require intervention, but may be useful to an advisor (Faculty and Non-Faculty).
- Select the Note Type from the drop down box (General or Academic Advising) and add your Note in the text box. You can email a copy of the note to yourself and/or the student by selecting the appropriate boxes.
- Select Submit to save the note in the student's folder. NOTE: Only shared notes can be viewed by faculty and staff that have a relationship with the student. Private notes cannot be viewed.