Clear Flags in SAILS
Instructors, Faculty Advisors, & Advisors
- Sign in to MyVWCC by clicking on the Login to MyVWCC link on the left of this screen or the MyVWCC link on the Virginia Western homepage.
- Click SAILS.
- Click the Students tab in the upper left-hand corner or search for a particular student by entering their name in the search box.
- Once you have found the student whose flag you would like to clear, select their name to access their student folder.
- Once in the student’s folder, select the Tracking tab to display active flags. Selecting the blue arrow next to the flag will display the flag menu.
- If you would like to clear the flag, select Clear Flag. Clearing the flag does not necessarily mean the student’s issue is resolved; it simply communicates that the issue has been discussed with the student.
- You can add a comment to the flag when you clear it, if you would like. These comments can assist in facilitating effective communication between advising team members to strengthen the support provided to students. These comments can be particularly helpful if you made recommendations to the student as a part of your discussion with them. Having documentation of those recommendations allows advisors to hold students accountable to these instructional expectations.
- You will have the option to include a Close the Loop comment if you did not raise the flag you are clearing. This comment will be emailed to the person who raised the flag. Both the comment and the close the loop message are retained as a part of the student’s folder in SAILS.