Virginia Western Community College is embarking on a multiphased and new strategic planning process, Vision 2013, that will focus on strategic initiatives from 2008 to 2013. Strategic planning is the formal process for defining and documenting the desired future of the College and creating a blueprint to follow. Strategic planning is a College-wide collaborative and team-oriented process, one that requires the commitment and support of the entire Virginia Western community.
The purpose of the strategic planning process is to:
- Create opportunities for dialog about Virginia Western's future
- Affirm and define Virginia Western's mission, vision and core values
- Identify and develop strategic issues, goals and objectives for Virginia Western
- Enhance the distinctiveness and quality of the College
- Prepare a strategic plan for 2008-2013
I invite you to take full advantage of this web site to see how the strategic plan is progressing and how you can become more involved in Virginia Western's planning process.
Dr. Robert Sandel,