There are a variety of ways in which a student can request an official college transcript, for which there is no charge:
- A student may send a written request to the Virginia Western Records Office, either by mail or fax (540-857-6102). You may download a Transcript Request Form in pdf format.
The following information must be included with the transcript request:
- Student's name, address, telephone number;
- Student ID number;
- Name and address of the college/institution where the transcript is to be mailed;
- Indicate if the transcript is to be mailed immediately or after grades have been processed for the current term;
- Student's signature.
- A student also has the option of stopping by the Records Office (located in Chapman Hall, Room C107) in person and completing the transcript request form.
- A final option (for students who have attended the college) since the summer 2003 term) is to request an official transcript online at MyVWCC. Instructions for submitting an online transcript request are found in Navigate MyVWCC. If, for some reason, you are unable to request your transcript online, please follow one of the methods outlined above.
The Virginia Western Records Office will make every attempt to process each transcript request within 5 business days of receipt. During peak times (such as the end of each semester and graduation), this time will most likely be extended. Due to the large volume of transcript requests that we receive, the Records Office cannot notify the student that we have processed their transcript request.
In most cases, an official transcript should be forwarded from the Virginia Western Records Office directly to the appropriate college or organization. If the student indicates that the official transcript must be mailed directly to him/her, the official transcript will be forwarded to the student in a sealed envelope.
Two important notes:
- The student's signature is required in order for us to process a request when the request is received in writing.
- If a student has formally requested that we withhold the release of his educational data, the student will not be allowed to request an official or unofficial transcript via the web or submit a transcript request without proof of identity. If a FERPA hold has been placed on the record at the student's request, the student will be required to submit written authorization, with proof of identity, to the Records Office prior to releasing the transcript.