Academic Advising at Virginia Western is designed to help students achieve academic success. Students must take responsibility for their academic choices by being informed and seeking out the advising assistance that they need. The advising team listed below can help students make the choices that are right for them. The Registration Room, located in Duncan 212, also serves as an enrollment resource during registration periods.
New Student Advisors
- Assist new students in developing an educational success goal and choosing appropriate programs of study.
- Interpret placement test scores and make course recommendations.
- Advise non-curricular students to develop an educational success goal and recommend courses.
- Advise returning students considering a change of major about programs of study within the academic school.
- Assist students in understanding transfer agreements and navigating the transfer process.
- Advise returning, program-placed students when Faculty Advisors are unavailable.
- Advise assigned students regarding academic planning, program completion, applying for graduation, and other college processes.
- Assist students in understanding program-related transfer agreements.
- Support students in investigating transfer opportunities and navigating the transfer process.