Student Handbook


MyVWCC is your central source for accessing essential student information at your convenience. MyVWCC gives you the ability to handle a variety of tasks such as searching and registering for classes, dropping classes, and reviewing your financial aid award. You may also make tuition payments and manage your personal information through the Student Center. MyVWCC is available on the Virginia Western website, or at

Click on a question to read the answer!

What should I do if I am unable to find my Student ID (Emplid) and Username?

If you have followed the instructions found under Find your Username/Password and are unable to find your Student ID (Emplid) and Username, please contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857- 7231 or the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354. If you are on campus, please visit the Admissions Office in Chapman 108. For assistance, you must have a picture ID or proof of identification.

What should I do if I am unable to sign into MyVWCC?

If you have your Username and are unable to sign into MyVWCC, please contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231 or the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354. If you are on campus, please visit the Admissions Office in Chapman 108.

Can I change my password?

Yes, you can. You will be automatically asked to change your default password the first time you use MyVWCC successfully. Whenever you want to change your password after the initial time, sign into MyVWCC and click the Change Your Password link.

What are some common enrollment errors I should check before contacting the Admissions Office?

  • Have you satisfied the prerequisites for the course?
  • Is it past the last date for adding the specific class section?
  • Is a placement test required?
  • Do you have an unpaid debt to the college?
  • Do you have a hold on your record?
  • Did you change your User Preferences to the current semester?

What should I do if my name, address, or telephone number is incorrect in MyVWCC?

You must notify the Records Office to make any changes to your primary, official name.

You may make changes to your address and/or your telephone number by using My VWCC or in the college Records Office, Chapman Hall, Room 107.

What should I do if I've received an invalid value error when submitting my enrollment request?

Select the OK button, which will return you to the enrollment page. Once you're there, you should enter the class number exactly as it appears in the version of the schedule of classes you're using. Alternatively, you can search for the class in which you're enrolling and select the number from the list that appears after you've entered the selection criteria. If you continue to experience difficulties, contact the Admissions Office at (540) 857-7231 or the Help Desk at (540) 857-7354.

Will a partial payment hold my credit classes?

Partial payments do not hold your credit classes. Check the Tuition Payment page for payment deadlines.

Can I request an official transcript through MyVWCC?

If you have attended VWCC between Fall 2001 and today, you may request transcripts through MyVWCC. If you have not attended VWCC since Fall 2001, you MAY NOT request transcripts through MyVWCC; you must request transcripts through the Records Office. For additional information on requesting official transcripts, please refer to the Records Office homepage.

Whom should I contact when I am having technical problems with MyVWCC?

The Help Desk is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Are there tutorials available for using MyVWCC?

Yes!! Go to Virginia Western's website for step-by-step tutorials! The direct link is: