Most classrooms now feature considerable instructional media. We are striving to maintain and update the existing technology as well as exploring new technologies that will make the classrooms even more flexible.
This is a description of the technology and list of classrooms that are either labs or electronic classrooms.
While every attempt is made to insure this list is correct, it is still a good idea to double check the room before relying on a particular piece of equipment being available.
What is in a room?
A classroom that includes the following:
- Podium or table for instructor's materials
- Computer workstation that includes a keyboard and pointing device, internet access, and is fully integrated with a ceiling-mounted projection device
- Ability to play DVD media
- Document camera (or other imaging device such as digital microscope)
- Control system (e.g. switch) to integrate / operate the multimedia equipment
- Connection available for instructor laptop
Mobile Electronic Classroom
A mobile multi-media cart that can be easily moved into a classroom for instructional presentations includes the following:
- A laptop, tablet, or small desktop computer that includes Internet access
- A projection device
- Ability to play DVD media integrated with the projection device
Open Computer Laboratories
An open computer laboratory with a separate computer for each student; these spaces are not intended for regularly scheduled classrooms. Computer laboratories will also include a shared printer.
A classroom with a separate computer for each student and a shared printer. Computer classrooms will generally be the regularly scheduled meeting place for a classroom. These classrooms typically also include the minimum classroom equipment to be defined as an electronic classroom.
- Office 2013
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Google Earth
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox 36, Internet Explorer 11
- Notepad + +
- WEPA Drivers
- Lab Printer Driver
- Symantec Antivirus
- VMware View Client
- Faronics Insight Remote Control
- CD Burner Software
Instructor Station and ECR Machines – Common Image
All software listed above and these items:
- Panopto Software
- Wacom Tablet software and drivers
- IPEVO software and drivers
- Logitech Camera software and drivers
- Open-Sankore' software
Location: Business Science M250
via the Help Desk
Do you have an idea for the classroom that you would like 3D printed? We can assist in designing and printing instructional aids for the classroom. Send us an email with your idea and we’ll be in touch. Click here to see how the Media Geeks are bringing 3D printing to the classroom.