Here is a link to the presentation shown to the PSY 220 class for the APA & Library Workshop.
Gale Virtual Reference Library - links to electronic encyclopedias on topics such as medicine, criminal justice, and mental health. A few titles are given below.
- Child Abuse
- Drugs, Alcohol, & Addictive Behaviors
- Eating Disorders
- Encyclopedia of the Life Course and Human Development
- Encyclopedia of Phobias, Fears, and Anxieties
- The Encyclopedia of Trauma and Traumatic Stress Disorders
PsycBOOKS - Full text books published by APA, classic pychology books from the 19th and 20th centuries, and entries from the Encyclopedia of Psychology.
To find books that check out, click on Books from the sidebar on the right.
Many of the psychology teachers have put their textbooks on reserve at the circulation desk on the top floor. Here are the reserves for psychology and mental health.
Due to the widespread availability of psychology journals in our electronic databases, we have eliminated most of our paper holdings. We only have one psychology magazine (not a journal), which is a popular title available for browsing and general reading, rather than academic research.
Psychology Today 3 years
Periodicals Full-Text VIVA
Here is a list of our full-text periodicals available through VIVA. You can search for a specific periodical by title or browse through all titles on a subject, such as psychology. To search by subject, choose the social sciences category, then the behavioral sciences subcategory. There are 554 titles in this area.
Click on Articles/Databases from the sidebar on the right.
- EBSCO - This is the place to start for general research. This group of databases includes: Academic Search Complete, CINAHL, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection, ERIC, and more. Articles may be full-text, abstracts, or citations.
- JSTOR - Full-text academic journals covering the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- OVID - Electronic reference books and academic journals covering medicine and science.
- Project Muse - Current full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects.
- PsycARTICLES - Includes full-text for 63 psychology journals published by the American Psychological Association and other organizations. Coverage is for complete runs of journals going back to the earliest publication date. The earliest journal included goes back to 1894. Online Tutorial.
- PsycINFO - An abstract database of psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Contains citations, abstracts, and cited references. Not full-text.
- Wiley Online Library- Full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects. This database covers 96 titles in psychology and 72 titles in psychiatry.