To find books that check out, click on the books link from the right sidebar.
This is a selected list of books located in reference on the main floor.
- Q 175.5 .N49 Social Issues in Science and Technology: An Encyclopedia
- QK 122.3 .H46 Appalachian Wildflowers
- QL 681 .P45 A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
- QL 701 .G7913 Grzimek's Encyclopedia of Mammals
- SB 317.56 .U6 N67 North American Horticulture: A Reference Guide
- SB 403.2 .A438 Encyclopedia of Plants & Flowers
- SB 403.2 .F66 Flora: A Gardener's Encyclopedia
Many teachers have put their textbooks on reserve at the circulation desk on the top floor. Here is a list of reserves for classes in natural science.
Periodicals in Brown Library
The periodicals are located on the main floor of Brown Library in the reference area. The are arranged in alphabetical order by title. Use the lists below to see what titles we own.
Periodicals Full-Text VIVA
Here is a list of our full-text periodicals available through VIVA. You can search for a specific periodical by title or click on the category tab to search for all the periodicals on a subject such as Agriculture Science. After clicking on Agriculture Science, click on Horticulture and Plant Culture.
Click on articles/databases from the right sidebar.
This handout shows how to cite BioOne, EBSCO, Project Muse, and Wiley.
- EBSCO - This is the place to start for general research. This group of databases includes: Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Computers & Applied Sciences Complete, CINAHL, PsycARTCLES, ERIC, Environment Complete, and more. Articles may be full-text, abstracts, or citations.
- JSTOR - Full-text academic journals covering the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- Project Muse - Current full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects.
- Wiley InterScience- Full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects. It is possible to narrow your search to a particular subject group such as ecology or plant science.
Find these databases under the VIVA link on the databases page.
- Access Science - McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology Online
- BioOne Journals - 155 journals in bioscience. 97 of these are full-text.
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts - This is a set of databases in the sciences including the Biological Sciences, Biology Digest and Plant Science databases. These databases include abstracts only; meaning there are no full-text articles. However, we can order articles for you through interlibrary loan.
- Science- Includes full-text of Science back to 1997. While the database includes indexing back to 1880, we do not have a subscription to the full-text for those years. However, we can order articles from older issues through interlibrary loan.
Science.gov is a gateway to government science information and research results. Science.gov provides a search of over 40 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information with just one query, and is a gateway to over 2000 scientific Websites.