History of Technology
Browse the table of contents for a topic idea.
- America: History & Life - Covers journal articles, book reviews, and dissertations about the history and culture of Canada and the United States. These articles are not full-text, but may be obtained through interlibrary loan.
- Historical Abstracts - Covers academic historical journals since 1955. Focus is on the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present. These articles are not full-text, but may be obtained through interlibrary loan.
- EBSCO - This is the place to start for general research. This group of databases includes: Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Computers & Applied Sciences Complete, CINAHL, PsycARTCLES, ERIC, and more. Articles may be full-text, abstracts, or citations.
- JSTOR - Full-text academic journals covering the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
Try both the keyword and subject search for your particular topic. If you don't find any books try a broader topic. For example, for books on the plow, look in a book about the history of agriculture.
- The Culture of Time and Space 1880-1918 CB478 .K46
- Technological Change and the Transformation of America HM221 .T3977
- The Agricultural Revolution of the 20th Century S494.5 .I5 P22
- The Norton History of Technology T15 .C37
- A History of Western Technology T15 .K553
- Technology in Western Civilization T15 .T43
- The Age of Invention: A Chronicle of Mechanical Conquest T19 .T5
- Nuts and Bolts of the Past: A History of American Technology, 1776-1860 T21 .H39
- Technology in America: A Brief History T21 .M372
- History of American Technology T21 .O45
- 20th Century Revolutions in Technology T173.8 .S568
Use the index volume to find a particular article related to your topic.
- Dictionary of American History E174.D5
- Encyclopedia of American History E174 .E53