The Reserve collection is kept behind the Circulation desk on the top floor of Brown Library. The purpose of Reserves is to keep materials in a central place where all students share access. Most of the reserve materials are checked out for two-hour, in-library use only. Some materials placed on reserve by instructors have a short loan period, such as two days or one week. For more information, please call the Reserve desk at 540-857-7438.
Reserve materials include:
- Textbooks - Note: Not all textbooks are on reserve.
- Books - These may include instructors' personal copies or books from our Circulating collection.
- Articles from periodicals & books - Due to copyright restrictions, the number of photocopies on reserve is limited.
- AV materials such as DVDs, CDs, and CD-ROMs.
To determine if materials are on reserve for a class, search the Course Reserves Catalog by keyword, course title, or course number.
If you receive a prompt asking you to select your college, scroll down the list of VCCS colleges and click on the Virginia Western link.
If you are accessing the Course Reserves Catalog from off campus, you will be required to sign in using your MyVWCC username and password.
Checking-Out Reserve Material
To use reserve-only materials, you must have a current photo ID to leave with the Circulation desk. The ID can be:
- A current VWCC student photo ID
- A current Virginia driver's license
Substitute items will not be accepted.
Hours of Operation
(Top Floor - Brown Library)
3095 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015