Faculty, to learn more about placing items on reserve, go to the Faculty Services InfoGuide.
The Reserve collection is kept behind the Circulation desk on the top floor of Brown Library. The purpose of Reserves is to keep materials in a central place where all students share access. Most of the reserve materials are checked out for two-hour, in-library use only. Some materials placed on reserve by instructors have a short loan period, such as two days or one week. For more information, please call the Circulation desk at 540-857-6941.
Reserve materials include:
- Textbooks - Note: Not all textbooks are on reserve.
- Books - These may include instructors' personal copies or books from our Circulating collection.
- Articles from periodicals & books - Due to copyright restrictions, the number of photocopies on reserve is limited.
- AV materials such as DVDs, CDs, and CD-ROMs.
- Physical items such as anatomical study aides and rocks and minerals.
To determine if materials are on reserve for a class, search the library catalog.
Checking-Out Reserve Material
To use reserve-only materials, you must have a current photo ID to leave with the Circulation desk.
If the item is on two-hour reserve, your ID will be kept at the circulation desk until you return the item.
Hours of Operation
(Top Floor - Brown Library)
3095 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015