EBSCO - This is the place to start for general research. This group of databases includes: Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Computers & Applied Sciences Complete, CINAHL, ERIC, and more. Articles may be full-text, abstracts, or citations. Online Tutorial.
- Academic Search Complete – This comprehensive, scholarly, and multi-disciplinary database features more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals, and features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format. Tutorial
- APA PsycNET - includes:
- PsycARTICLES - Includes full-text for 63 psychology journals published by the American Psychological Association and other organizations. Coverage is for complete runs of journals going back to the earliest publication date. The earliest journal included goes back to 1894. Online Tutorial.
- PsycBOOKS - Full text books published by APA, classic psychology books from the 19th and 20 centuries, and entries from the Encyclopedia of Psychology.
- PsycINFO- An abstract database of psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Contains citations, abstracts, and cited references. Not full-text.
- BioOne - Covers 155 journals in the biological sciences. 97 of these journals are full-text. The rest are abstract only.
Search Tips (pdf).
- CQ Researcher Online - CQ Researcher is often the first source that librarians recommend when researchers are seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news. Founded in 1923 as Editorial Research Reports, CQ Researcher is noted for its in-depth, unbiased coverage of health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the economy. Reports are published weekly in print and online 44 times a year by CQ Press, a division of Congressional Quarterly Inc.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - YouTube Tutorial
- Issues & Controversies - This full-text database, published by Facts on File, concentrates on controversial issues. Other Facts on File databases include: World News Digest (1940- ), Reuters News, and Today's Science.
Search Tips (pdf).
- JSTOR - Full-text academic journals covering the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. YouTube Tutorial.
- Literature Resource Center - Focus on literary biography and criticism. Includes comprehensive information from the well known print sources; Contemporary Authors and Dictionary of Literary Biography. Also includes selected text from other Gale publications, such as Contemporary Literary Criticism, Nineteenth Literature Criticism, Short Story Criticism and much more. Added features include an encyclopedia of literature, a literary timeline, and a research guide.
- Newspaper Source Plus - Provides cover-to-cover full text for 131 national & international newspapers, including The New York Times, Boston Globe, San Francisco Chronicle, Christian Science Monitor, USA Today, Washington Post, Washington Times, and The Times (London). Also contains selected full text for more than 335 U.S. newspapers. In addition, full-text television & radio news transcripts are provided from ABC News, CBS News, CNN, FOX News, National Public Radio (NPR), etc.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context - Focus on social issues. Includes full-text articles from magazines, reference books, and newspapers. Also includes chapters from the Opposing Viewpoints series of books, with pro/con articles perfect for writing the argumentative style paper. Search Tips (pdf),
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online - Encompassing over 5,000 A–Z reference entries, chapters from scholarly and introductory
works, Qur'anic materials, primary sources, images, maps, and timelines, Oxford Islamic Studies Online offers a multi-layered reference
experience designed to provide a first stop for anyone needing information and context on Islam. The site also includes a growing Learning
Resources area with a specially commissioned A–Z glossary, quick access to the key themes and questions from What Everyone Needs to Know
About Islam; specialist-approved links to internet resources; a guide to Teaching Islam; thematic guides to issues in the Islamic World;
and The Geography of the Islamic World—a topically organized collection of links to selected chapters and full-color maps from the latest
edition of the Oxford Atlas of the World's Religions—provides access to a global view of Islam from earliest times to the present. Guided Tour.
- Project Muse - Current full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects.
- Wiley Online Library- Full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects. This database is particularly strong in the sciences and in health science.
- World News Digest - This full-text database, published by Facts on File, concentrates on events in the news back to 1940. Other Facts on File databases include: Issues & Controversies, Reuters News, and Today's Science YouTube Tutorial
All the Databases
VIVA Databases - We have subscriptions to over 200 VIVA databases. Only a few are listed on this page. For a complete list of VIVA databases click here. You can search for your topic across all databases. You can also search for specific databases by title or see a list of databases by academic subject area.