The Math Center is a walk-in service where Virginia Western students can get immediate, individual assistance for most VWCC math and some science courses on a first-come, first-served basis. Math Center tutors will also assist students in preparing for the math placement test.
Students requesting Math Center assistance should log in to the Math Center kiosk when they arrive, then let one of the tutors on duty know that they need assistance. Tutors will be wearing a Math Center tutor badge.
Getting the Most from Your Math Center Visit
- Come prepared with the assignment, your textbook, and the tools (computer, calculator, pencil, paper, etc.) that you’ll need for your work. While tutors do have access to some of these materials, it’s your responsibility to provide these for yourself.
- Attempt to complete your assignments yourself before asking the Math Center tutors for assistance.
- Identify areas where you need assistance or prepare some questions prior to coming to the Math Center.
- Don't ask tutors for help with take-home tests, quizzes, graded homework assignments, or graded study reviews unless your instructor explicitly allows you to and states that prominently on the assignment. You are responsible for your personal academic honesty.
- Feel free to stay in the vicinity of the Math Center tutors while you study on your own and ask occasional questions, but please leave the main tables available for students who are actively seeking assistance.
Link Learning Commons
Location: Brown Library - Main Floor
Academic Link Coordinator
Location: Brown Library B103
Math Center Hours