eLearning & Instructional Technology :: Student Tutorials
- Learning Resources Home
- eLIT Home
- Online Programs
- Canvas InfoGuides
- About Distance Learning
- Getting Started
- Orientation (Online & On-Campus)
- Shared Distance Learning (SSDL) Courses
- Student Tutorials
- Student FAQ
- Instructor Tutorials
- Instructor FAQ
- TOTAL Workshops
- Forms & Docs
- Proctored Testing
Tips for Taking Online Exams
- Ensure that you have a reliable Internet connection while taking the exam. Interrupted network connections may cause problems when attempting to submit the exam. We recommend an ethernet connection and not a wireless connection.
- It is very easy to get "locked out" of your exam and have your responses submitted prematurely. Here is how to avoid being locked out:
- Do not close your exam window
- Do not browse to another Web page during the exam
- Avoid opening and using other applications during the exam
- Do not leave your exam opened for more than 3 hours. Your Blackboard session will time out and you won't be able to submit your exam.
- Be aware of your instructor's directions for completing the exam. Is there a time limit? Are you allowed to take the exam only one time or more than once?
- Remember to press the Save and Submit button at the end of the exam when you are ready to submit your responses.
Location: Link Learning Commons