eLearning & Instructional Technology
Proctored tests for distance learning students at Virginia Western are administered in the Testing Center on campus at no charge.
Students who live near the Franklin Center in Rocky Mount may elect to complete proctored tests at this location. There is not a charge for proctored testing related to VWCC distance learning courses at this location. Students who elect to complete proctored tests at the Franklin Center must complete the VA Western Off Site Testing Request Form (PDF). For more information see the Testing Center General Information page.
Students who live outside the VWCC service area may elect to take tests at sites other than those listed above. Students choosing this option must complete the Proctor Request Form (PDF) and follow the procedures listed below.
The student is responsible for
- paying any fees associated with test proctoring at the site chosen by the student
- providing postage and envelopes for test return to Virginia Western
The student is also responsible for identifying an appropriate proctor and informing the proctor of the requirements as outlined below.
- The proctor should be someone at an educational institution (another community college, high school, or college) or a government institution (public library, government office, etc.).
- Proctors cannot be a relative, friend, fellow student, or coach and must be approved by the distance learning instructor at Virginia Western.
- Proctors are required to monitor test taking and then mail or email the test and answer sheet to the instructor at Virginia Western.
- Proctors should be able to answer questions on test taking procedures, not questions on test content.
- Students are not permitted to leave the testing area until the test has been completed. The student should provide all postage and envelopes for test return. The test should be mailed to the instructor by the proctor, not by the student.
Location: Link Learning Commons