eLearning & Instructional Technology
Getting Started Checklist
- If you are a first time student you will need to login and find your username and create your password for the single sign on at MyVWCC. Once at this screen, please select Forgot Password. Follow the directions for setting up your password and then you will be able to login to your MyVWCC accounts, Canvas, Student Information System (SIS) and Student email system.
- Log in to your Canvas account. Find the course in which you have enrolled on Canvas. Make a list of the items you will need. Get those items. Go to the Bookstore if you need a textbook. Go to the library and get your library card.
- Log on to your webmail account, and make sure it is working properly. Your username is the same as the one for Canvas. Your password will be the same as the one you use for Canvas.
- Not everyone is ready for distance learning. Review the content about Student Online Readiness to help you determine your readiness for e-learning.
- It is recommended that students create a folder on their local computer for each course they are taking and save their assignments or important documents in the folder for that course. It is easier for you to find your files when you know exactly where they are saved and it is a great method for having backups of all of your work.
- Students need to plan for at least one proctored activity during the semester. Students can take exams at a testing center located away from the VWCC campus. In addition to the Testing Center on the campus, VWCC also offers an additional testing site at the Franklin Center. For detailed information, please visit this link. If you have any course related questions, please contact your instructor. For technical or login problems, please email .
Location: Link Learning Commons