Information & Educational Technologies
WEPA is an easy printing system that Virginia Western has implemented for students on campus. Convenient cloud technology lets you print from a variety of devices to any of the WEPA kiosk printers on campus.
Black & White Copies 10¢ each imprint....Full Color Copies 50¢ each imprint
- More reliable: Clear, crisp 4-color or black & white prints on a 50% recycled 24lb paper.
- Print anywhere: Cloud technology lets you send documents to your WEPA account that can be printed at any kiosk at any campus.
- Convenient: Print from smart phones, home computers, USB keys and anywhere within the system of printers.
- Contributes to "green" initiatives: No wasted paper. Pay for only what you want to print. Delete the unwanted items from your queue.
- Helps alleviate the $26,000 in paper and toner costs annually.
- Generates revenue that can be used to fund student activities on campus.
- Student employment: WEPA will create student jobs for kiosk maintenance.
- Conveniently available via on-line account maintenance with credit or debit card or by purchase of a WEPA print card from the VWCC Follett
Bookstore. Financial aid can be used to purchase WEPA print cards.
Why Use Pay-For-Print?
In the past, Virginia Western had public printers in the library, labs, and learning centers for student use. These printers generated an estimated 4.2 million printed pages annually, which cost the college approximately $26,000. Based on this information, the Sustainability Committee, which consists of faculty, staff, and administrators, recommended that the college explore options that would encourage print conservation. A pay-for-print system has been identified as the best, most cost-effective option that has already been implemented successfully at other colleges and universities across the country.
Contact WEPA: www.wepanow.com/contact
Location: Business Science M273
Need help? Live Chat
3099 Colonial Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!