software available for home use
Students, faculty and staff can now download Symantec Antivirus products for use on their personal computers.
PC Version 11.0.5002.333
Macintosh Version 11.0.3
Available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac
- Using your web browser go to http://www.virginiawestern.edu/.
- Click the MY VWCC link located at the top in the dark blue banner. You can also find the My VWCC button in the lower right-hand column.
- Enter your Username and Password and click Log In.
- Click the Blackboard 8 option from the My Tools menu.
- Scroll down on the Blackboard Screen until you find the Free Anti-virus Software box.
- Click the “download it here” link at the bottom of the section.
- Read the License Agreement and hit the I Agree button at the bottom.
- Scroll down until you find your operating system.
- Follow the installation instructions provided on the web page.
Free Anti-Spyware Software
The Help Desk will make good faith effort to answer installation questions of VWCC clients via one of the option listed below. On-campus support will be given higher priority and resolution of home installation problems is not guaranteed. Note, support for home use of this software is strictly limited to college related work only!
Walkup: Business Sciences Building, Room M273
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 7:00pm & Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm