Employee Mini Surveys
These surveys of about 10 items each provide faculty and staff an opportunity to provide quick feedback on specific topics. Basic results will be posted in PDF format as they become available. More detailed results are available to campus personnel on VW Connect (internal access only).
- Good Beginnings (Sep 2016 - enrollment, advising, technology, campus safety, contracted services)
- Support Services (Oct 2016 – other student services, learning resources, facilities, administrative services)
- Governance and Communication (Nov 2016 – available on VW Connect only)
- Courses and Programs (Feb 2017 –not yet available)
- Work Environment (Mar 2017 –not yet available)
- Overall (Apr 2017 –not yet available)
Student Mini Surveys
These surveys of about 10 items each provide the entire student body an opportunity to provide quick feedback on specific topics. Results will be posted in PDF format as they become available.
- Advising, Registration and Textbooks (September 2016)
- Campus Safety, Student Activities (October 2016)
- Academic Support Services (November 2016)
- Textbooks and Learning Materials (January 2017)
- Academic Program, Facilities, Misc. Support Services (March 2017)
- Overall (April/May 2017 - not yet available)
More detailed results on these and other surveys are available to campus personnel on VW Connect. (internal access only)
New Student Survey (PDF)
The New Student Survey is administered each fall to entering students enrolled in Student Development (SDV) courses.
Alumni Survey (PDF)
The Alumni Survey is mailed annually to the college's previous year's graduates. The one-year wait period is designed to allow graduates time for a thorough self-assessment of their preparation for employment and/or transfer, and to reflect upon their satisfaction with Virginia Western.
Graduation Survey (PDF)
The Graduation Survey is distributed to graduates from all degree levels during the college's annual graduation rehearsal.
Employee Survey (PDF)
The Employee Survey gives all faculty, classified staff, and administration an annual opportunity to provide anonymous feedback on college processes.
Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE)
CCSSE provides data and analysis about student engagement in community colleges across the country. The survey questions assess institutional practices and student behaviors that are correlated with student learning and student retention. CCSSE is regularly administered in the spring on a three year cycle. For 2014-2018, Virginia Western is participating in CCSSEE on a two-year cycle to better gauge the success of ongoing initiatives to improve student success.
CCSSE Result Trends (PDF)
Special Topics: CCSSE results related to NAVIGATE advising initiative (PDF)
More detailed results are available to campus personnel on VWConnect.
Location: Fishburn Hall F110
3093 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015