VWCC Career Opportunities - The Employer of Choice
Thank you for your interest in employment with Virginia Western Community College (VWCC). VWCC only accepts applications using an online employment application system through the Commonwealth of Virginia, VirginiaJobs website.
To view a listing of our current Career Openings, select the Career Openings at VWCC link below. You will enter the VirginiaJobs website. This website will open in a separate web-browser window from the VWCC website.
The Annual Security and Crime Report, in accordance with The Clery Act, will offer statistical and practical information related to safety and security at each of the Virginia Western Community College learning locations.
Making an application for a job at Virginia Western is as simple as 1 - 2 - 3!
- Search for open positions at VWCC by viewing our Career Openings page.
- Click View under the job title of the position(s) to read and print the details of each posting.
- To Apply for a specific position, select the "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING" button. This will initiate the on-line application process.
It is important that all documents needed to complete the application process be ready and available before starting and that as you complete the application that you continually "SAVE" your information. To protect the security of your data, the system will log you out if it detects no activity for 30 minutes. This will cause all unsaved information to be lost.
We suggest that you have the following information readily accessible prior to starting your application on-line:
- Employment History - Name, address and telephone numbers of your present and previous employer(s) including immediate supervisor's contact information. Additionally, a list of the duties and responsibilities of each position you held.
- Educational Background - Name and address of all educational institutions you attended.
- References - Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references.
- Electronic copies of any documents (such as resume, cover letter and transcripts) you wish to attach to your application.
On-line applications are stored on a secured site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAA), Virginia Western Community College will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection process(es).
First time applicants may find the USER'S GUIDE (PDF) helpful.
For additional information or to request assistance, please call 540-857-7282 or email .
NOTICE: Virginia Western Community College participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employment and Diversity
Our college is committed to diversity and equal opportunity, and does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, military service and/or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, age, genetics, care-giver status, or disability. This holds true for recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, demotion, role changes, compensation, benefits, layoff, training programs, accessibility, and job accommodation without regard to the individual's status protected by law. The college will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities whenever the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position. Any person employed by Virginia Western Community College who fails to comply with this policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
If you have any questions about or if you believe you have been discriminated against, harassed in any manner, and/or your employment rights violated, you are encouraged to contact Jennifer Pittman, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, 857-6807, or contact the EEOC.
Adjunct Faculty Rates
VCCS Adjunct Faculty Rates -- Effective 07/01/2015; Rates per semester credit hour
Full-Time Faculty Rates
All teaching faculty, assistant deans and program heads in the VCCS normally shall be on a nine-month basic contract covering a nine-month appointment period to include the Fall Semester and Spring Semester. Salary for nine-month faculty shall be in accordance with the salary ranges as listed below. Starting salaries for nine-month teaching faculty are based on academic rank with consideration given for previous related occupational and educational experiences and training.
VCCS Full-Time 9-Month Faculty Rates -- Effective 07/01/2015
|Associate Instructor I||$34,001||$45,195||$56,390|
|Associate Instructor II||$44,201||$58,754||$73,307|
Resources for Living in the Roanoke Valley
- Living and Working in the Roanoke Valley
- Greater Roanoke, Virginia Statistical Guide (PDF)
- Valley Life – Discover Virginia's Greater Roanoke Valley Magazine
- Virginia 2-1-1 - Connects people with free information on available services in Virginia.
Applicant/New Hire Forms
Location: Fishburn Hall F003
3093 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!