Financial Aid

Who Can Apply

Most students are eligible for some type of financial aid, regardless of family financial circumstances.

To be eligible for aid, you must

  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or a Renewal Application electronically. If you don't have internet access, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.
  • Be a United States citizen or have permanent residency status.
  • Have a high school diploma, GED certificate, or homeschooling equivalent as defined by state law.
  • Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program.
  • Be making "satisfactory academic progress".
  • Not have an outstanding obligation on financial aid previously received at any educational institution, or be in default on a federal student loan.
  • Be registered with Selective Service, if a male and at least 18 years old.
  • Be in compliance with certain stipulations pertaining to the possession and sale of illegal drugs.

Click here for more information on determining your eligibility.


VWCC Alerts

We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency.

Get more info and register