Who Can Apply
Most students are eligible for some type of financial aid, regardless of family financial circumstances.
To be eligible for aid, you must
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or a Renewal Application electronically. If you don't have internet access, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.
- Be a United States citizen or have permanent residency status.
- Has a high school diploma, GED certificate, or homeschooling equivalent as defined by state law.
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Be making "satisfactory academic progress".
- Not have an outstanding obligation on financial aid previously received at any educational institution, or be in default on a federal student loan.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if a male and at least 18 years old.
- Be in compliance with certain stipulations pertaining to the possession and sale of illegal drugs.
Click here for more information on determining your eligibility.