Financial Aid

How to Apply

Questions about your financial aid or student account? Call our 24/7 support line at 855-874-6690 or visit the VWCC Financial Aid and Student Accounts Support Website!

How to create your FSA I.D. (YouTube video)

1. Apply for Admission

Apply for admission to Virginia Western Community College as a degree/certificate candidate.

2. Complete the FAFSA

Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately, even before you are informed of your admissions decision. The application should be completed each year . You can:

No additional Virginia Western financial aid form is needed for the fall and spring semesters.

3. Check your Student Aid Report

Check the accuracy on the Student Aid Report sent to you by the federal government processor in response to your application. If you provided an email address when you submitted your FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report electronically. If you need to make corrections, you may do so using your Student Aid Report or online at

4. Respond to Financial Aid or Admissions Inquiries

Respond promptly to any financial aid or admissions inquiries you may receive from VWCC. Be sure to complete and return any financial aid materials that are requested, such as verification documents and permanent residency documents. Financial Aid will request any additional materials via the student's VWCC email account.

5. Report Scholarships and Financial Aid Received

Report all scholarships and financial aid received to the Financial Aid Office. Receipt of additional scholarships and awards requires recalculation of your financial aid eligibility, which may result in a reduction of previously-awarded financial aid.

6. Register for Classes

Register for classes.

Financial aid is intended to pay for classes that are required for your program. When registering for classes make sure to review the catalog requirements for classes in your specific program.

7. Pay Your Balance

Pay your balance each semester at the time of registration. Awarded aid should be subtracted from the balance due and any difference needs to be paid immediately in order to avoid being dropped from classes.


VWCC Alerts

We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency.

Get more info and register