Guide to Accommodating Students with Disabilities
Accommodations for Students with Psychological/Emotional Illnesses
Whether transitory, genetic, or prolonged, students with psychological/emotional illnesses need special consideration. Due to the nature of these illnesses, many choose not to disclose their disability.
- May need to use audio recorders and/or use note takers.
- Social and classroom behaviors may differ from other students. Contact the Office of Disability Services in S207 if concerned about inappropriate behavior.
- Extended minutes without distractions may be needed for tests.
- Reasonable allowance should be made for absences. Consider extended time, if needed, for assignments.
- Expect erratic performance.
Please refer such students to the Office of Disability Services in S207 (857-7286).
Faculty - Teaching & Advising
- Accommodating Students with Disabilities
- Advising Resources
- Campus & Community Resources
- Campus Safety Video (YouTube)
- Course Outlines
- Dynamic Class Dates
- Instructor Initiated Withdrawal System
- Intervention Counselor
- Printing Services
- Required Rosters
- Syllabus Requirements