Skip to main content

24/7 Student Services Support Center with Live Chat - (855) 874-6690
To improve our support to students, advisors are now available by appointment only. Click here to request an appointment.

Apply Now to Virginia Western Give Now Help Options Help Options


Enrollment Center :: International Students

Taking Online Courses

International students in the U.S. may take distance learning (online) classes at VWCC as long as they are maintaining F-1 status. This means that the student must be enrolled full time at the college or university that issued the I-20. Students may also choose to take a few classes during the Summer session or even during the Spring or Fall semesters while continuing to study full time at the school that issued their I-20. These students are sometimes called transient, guest or visiting students.

We welcome students wishing to take a course at VWCC as a guest from another school. To get started, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Apply online, identifying yourself as a "Transient Student". Indicate that you DO NOT plan to seek a degree at Virginia Western Community College. After applying, write down your 7-digit student ID number, your username and password.

Step 2: Send the following documents to . Please send all these in one email and include your 7-digit student number in the body of the message.


Rick Robers

Location: Chapman Hall C108
Phone: 540-857-6511