Enrollment Center :: International Students
Taking Online Courses
International students in the U.S. may take distance learning (online) classes at VWCC as long as they are maintaining F-1 status. This means that the student must be enrolled full time at the college or university that issued the I-20. Students may also choose to take a few classes during the Summer session or even during the Spring or Fall semesters while continuing to study full time at the school that issued their I-20. These students are sometimes called transient, guest or visiting students.
If you would like to take a course at VWCC as a transient student, please follow these steps:
- Apply online. This will create a student ID number for you. Identify yourself as a Transient student on the application.
- Send the following documents to
- F-1 Visa
- I-20 from your current school
- I-797 Notice of Action if you have previously changed status
- A recent letter from the school, on the school's letterhead, where you normally study confirming that you are currently in F-1 status.
Location: Chapman Hall C108