This academy has been postponed until Fall 2021.
- Available to high school seniors only
- Cohort must be 10 students to operate
- Earn 16 college credits
- Students may choose to sit for the Virginia Board of Nursing’s Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification exam (State Licensing Exam fee applies)
- Students are required to obtain VWCC program approved “scrubs” for clinical placements (fee applies)
- Students must successfully complete a criminal background check, drug test, and any other health screenings required by the program (fee applies)
Benefits to Students
- Earn college credits while in high school
- Gain valuable knowledge of exciting careers in healthcare industry
- Access to state-of-the-art labs
- Engage with and learn from seasoned faculty with significant experience
- Interact with Virginia Western and other high school students
- Greater transfer opportunities into Virginia Western Health Science programs
- Tuition Assistance may be available through a grant provided by the Claude Moore Charitable Foundation
Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the college. Students must complete the Academy Application and the Virginia Placement Test (VPT). Scores on the VPT must equate to "Placed ENG 111" and MTE 1 (or equivalent).
High School aged 12th graders are encouraged to apply.
Nurse Aide Curriculum
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard, Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Kelly Albert, Dual Enrollment Specialist
Location: Fishburn Hall F125C
Mailing Address 3093 Colonial Ave SW Roanoke, VA 24015